Can I Modify My Final Divorce Decree, Order and/or Judgment?

divorce attorney Fulton County GAWhen a marriage ends, both spouses are responsible for following the final Divorce Decree and Judgment whether it was entered by agreement or court order after trial.  The final Divorce Decree, Order and/or Judgment may alimony, child support, custody and visitation, property division, and other areas depending on the circumstances presented.  In most cases, once the Decree, Order and/o Judgment is finalized, a court will be hesitant to change any part of the agreement. However, if circumstances dictate, it is possible to do so. If you find yourself wanting a modification, hire the services of a family law attorney from the Fuller Law Group.

New Evidence

In most cases when you will need modification, new evidence has come to light. For example, if your ex-spouse suddenly comes into a large amount of money, you may work with a divorce attorney Fulton County GA clients know will ensure your child support payments will be increased to reflect this change.

Fraud and Misconduct

If you can prove your ex-spouse intentionally hid assets or committed other forms of fraud or misrepresentation, a request can be made to the court to have your existing Divorce Decree, Order and/or Judgment modified.

Major Life or Health Changes

If a spouse remarries or suffers a major change in health, a court may modify the existing child custody order. For example, if children are living with a spouse who is now extremely ill, the court may need to change aspects of the custody order to reflect this development.

Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements

In some instances where a couple had a pre or post-nuptial agreement in place, it can be difficult to convince a court to invalidate a Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreement when navigating the divorce process. However, if extenuating circumstances are present, courts will take the circumstance into consideration when determining how to apply the agreement

Put your trust in a divorce attorney you know will fight for you, such as those from the Fuller Law Group.